This week is scheduled to mark the official opening of Jana Small Finance Bank’s first public offerings (IPO), which will begin with subscriptions on Wednesday, February 7, and end on Friday, February 9.
Small Finance Banks (SFBs) are essential institutions in the banking landscape that work to promote financial inclusion. They serve the underbanked and unserved segments of society, especially in rural and remote areas, and provide basic banking services, microloans, and small loans to enable individuals and small businesses to access formal financial services. By emphasising customer-centric approaches and streamlined procedures, SFBs bridge the gap between traditional banking and the unbanked population. These banks are vital to the nation’s economic growth and the empowerment of its communities.
Table of Contents
A. Jana Small Finance Bank Share Price
A price range of ₹393 to ₹414 per equity share has been set by the business for the Jana Small Finance Bank initial public offering.
A little over half of the issue is set aside for qualified institutional buyers (QIBs), at least 35 percent is set aside for retail investors, and at least 15 percent is set aside for non-institutional investors (NIIs).
The main financial services offered by Jana Small Finance Bank Limited, a non-banking financial institution, include term loans for NBFC, affordable housing loans, MSME loans, loans against fixed deposits, loans for two-wheelers, and gold loans.
Offering a range of unsecured loan products, Jana SFB’s portfolio includes group loans, agricultural and allied loans, individual and microbusiness loans, and more. Between the fiscal year that ended on March 31, 2022, and March 31, 2023, the company’s revenue increased by 20.82 percent, and its profit after tax (PAT) increased by 1365.12 percent.
In order to meet its future capital requirements, the bank intends to use the net proceeds from the fresh issue to augment its Tier-1 capital base. Additionally, the proceeds from the fresh issue will be used to pay for the costs associated with the offer. The bank anticipates benefits from listing the equity shares on the stock exchanges.
B. Jana Small Finance Bank IPO Details
- 1. Date of Jana Small Finance Bank IPO: February 7–9, 2024 is when the book build issue will be open.
2. The pricing range: the Jana Small Finance Bank initial public offering (IPO) is set at ₹393 to ₹414 per equity share.
3. Bank IPO size: With 462 crore intended for the issuing of new shares and 108 crore set aside for the OFS route, the tiny finance bank hopes to raise 570 crore from its debut offer.
4. Jana Small Finance Bank IPO lot size: A bidder may submit several applications; each lot for the public offering will consist of 36 company shares.
5. Bank IPO promoters: Jana Capital Limited and Jana Holdings Limited are the company’s promoters.
6. Jana Small Finance Bank IPO allotment date: The IPO allotment date of Jana Small Finance Bank is most likely set for February 12, 2024, after the implementation of the T+3 listing regulation.
7. Jana Small Finance Bank IPO listing date: The IPO is scheduled to go public on the BSE and NSE, with a provisional listing date of Wednesday, February 14, 2024.
8. Jana Small Finance Bank IPO registrar: KFin Technologies Limited has been designated as the book build issue’s official registrant.
9. Jana Small Finance Bank IPO book running manager: The Jana SFB IPO’s book running lead managers are Axis Capital Limited, ICICI Securities Limited, and SBI Capital Markets Ltd.
10. Bank IPO GMP: Market watchers report that the shares of Jana Small Finance Bank are presently trading on the grey market at ₹80 each.
Disclaimer: Before making any investment decisions, we urge investors to consult with certified specialists. The opinions and suggestions expressed above are those of specific analysts, experts, and broking firms and are not affiliated with Mint.